Saturday, July 29, 2006

Going, Going, Gone....


I'm leaving on a well-deserved vacation in about an hour, but I thought I'd share what I did this week.

The Quilt Asylum participates in the North Texas Quilt Shop Hop eash September and we always make a quilt. This year's theme is "Be A Star" and each store will decorate and dress to a particular movie theme (ours is "A League of Their Own"). Each shop will hand out a block kit, and this year we are doing star blocks.

Since there are 10 shops in our grouping, I made 2 extra blocks so that I would have 12 blocks to set - you can't do much with 10 blocks! The setting pattern is "BQ" by Maple Island Quilts and it goes together quickly!

We're headed to the Texas coast - Port Aransas and Galveston and points in between. It'll be nice to get away for a few days before the back-to-school insanity begins - we have to be back by Friday for middle school registration!

Ya'll be good and I'll be back in about a week.

Susan

10 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

what an intersting quilt layout for a BOM... hope the shop hop goes well.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I just made two of these quilts and it didn't dawn on me that I could put something in that large square of fabric!!??!! Now I can think of all sorts of things to do with that pattern.

Thanks! Great quilt!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Like the setting on your star quilt - enjoy your break

2:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

What a different layout, neat! Have a great vacation in your fun looking new car!

8:08 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I really like the layout!

Enjoy your vacation in your brand new car. Remember, most new cars say that you shouldn't drive for long periods of time during the break in period, so you are just going to have to stop at every quilt shop along the way.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Susan:

Hope you're having a wonderful vacation. Love that area of Texas.

Your quilt for the shop hop looks great!

Judy L.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool star blocks. I love the way you set them too - so unique.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Well .. how was vacation? How was the new car? I have a CRV and had been wanting to trade it for a Pilot but I think with gas prices, I'll just stick with my CRV . . which I love!

Love your quilt! I like blacks and whites together with brights!

Judy L.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Passionate Quilter said...

what a great idea to use those blocks in that quilt. I love that quilt--it has really grown on me when you realize how different you can really make it. have fun on your trip!

10:53 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

What a cool setting! That looks like a great way to use sampler blocks from different people, that may not all be sewn exactly the same size.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home