Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Another UFO Done!

I finished the Lady of the Lake quilt before we left on vacation, but I didn't get a chance to take its picture. If you remember, these blocks were started as a Thangles demonstration at the Dallas Quilt Show in 2004. I uncovered about 16 blocks and pre-cut strips for more Thangles. I finished enough blocks for this setting and laid it all out on the design wall. I just HAD to sew the blocks together so that I could take them down!


ALL the fabric for the blocks originally came from my stash - the only new fabric added was the sashing and the posts. This quilt has been donated to Project Linus. How can I keep producing quilts out of my sewing room yet it doesn't look any different? It's encouraging and depressing all at the same time. Does that make any sense?

I figured it was time for another Merle fix. Since it's so hot outside, he's been hanging with me on the sewing table. I may have to kick him out in order to cut borders for my current project. We'll just have to see if he can behave....LOL!

13 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

The lady of the lake quilt is beautiful. By now I'm sure you've mastered the ruler!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It's beautiful...I made one of these once and one was enough! As for your sewing room looking different after you made a quilt...don't worry about it...all your scraps have been reproducing in the dark. You'll never get to the end of them! I have blue, green and purple 2.5" strips that I've made 2 quilts from and have used a few bits and pieces in other quilts...the pile of strips just keeps looking bigger...LOL

8:17 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

I cannot imagine doing that many hst! You are indeed brave.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Beautiful quilt. And Merle certainly looks comfy. My Fluffy-boy likes to lay on my sewing table too. But I do kick him off when I cut. Don't trust him not to swish his tail as the rotary cutter goes buy. He'd look awful funny without that fluffy tail.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Melzie said...

Beautiful quilt! Beautiful Cat! Why DO they love the sewing table?! :) xoxo melzie

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt! I'm going to make a lady of the lake before I die - such a striking pattern :-)

4:18 AM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

That is one cute quilt, and the cat is darn cute too!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

5:03 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

That is a great quilt. Congratulations on finishing. That is a lot of triangles to make.

6:43 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

Aww, Merle is a sweetie! It looks so exotic to see the gold eyes on a cat after seeing the blue eyes on my two!

The quilt top looks nice too! That was a lot of triangles to make... :)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Merle looks just like a much loved cat I used to have!

About your sewing room... do you WANT it to look differently? Try not to be depressed about it - try to figure out what you want to be different and then tackle 1 area at a time... that is exactly what I am doing with my office right now!

AND - your quilt is LOVELY! A very lucky someone will cherish it.

Cheers!

Evelyn

5:54 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Beautiful quilt & KITTY!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Love it. Maybe I could try it if I used thangles too!!!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

I love the lady of the lake quilt! AWESOME! I like how the narrow sashings give your eyes a place to rest between the sharp triangle points....great job!

Bonnie

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home