Sunday, October 08, 2006

I'm a Quiltin' Fool

I've been a quilting fool...I've longarm quilted 4 quilts since Friday night! And I bound 2 of them!

Here's the quilt I pieced in the last week - it's from Bonnie's quitville.com site and the pattern is Scrappy Bargello. And it was all pieced from the stash - even the back.

This is Audrey's quilt. I signed her up for our beginning quilting class at the store and for the last 4 weeks she has pieced this quilt. I quilted and bound it this afternoon. Pretty good for an eleven-year-old, huh? However, she did have a little difficulty holding it still for the photo!


This is a fun quilt by Sarah, who works at the store. She made it for her brother-in-law whose birthday happens to be on Halloween. I don't usually quilt for other people any more, but Sarah's done a lot for me, and since it wasn't that big of a quilt, I quilted it for her so that she can get it in the mail on time. The pattern is "BQ" by Maple Island Quilts.

This final quilt is a sample for the store using Marti Michell's new Log Cabin ruler.

I'll probably spend the majority of the next week working on my website -I'm moving it over to Quiltropolis and there's technical stuff that I don't know how to do...I'll probably be scratching my head quite a lot....But I'm determined to get it done. Hopefully I'll also make enough progress so that my designer can complete my "updated" look. It's very daunting to me to jump head first into something that I really know nothing about and I tend to procrastinate. But no more - I must get it done!

Have a great week,

Susan

17 Comments:

Blogger just jenn said...

WOWSERS! Those are some awesome looking quilts.

8:54 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Congratulations on getting so very much accomplished. And congratulate your daughter on the fine job she did on her quilt! They all look just great.

9:09 PM  
Blogger ForestJane said...

I'm impressed! 4 quilts is a lot done. :)

Tell your daughter from the looks of her first quilt, she's got a great future ahead of her!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Wow, wow, wow, and wow! Audrey's is awesome! Way to go! I also really like the scrappy bargello. What a dream weekend to have so much time to quilt!

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, all the quilts look great, but Audrey's is fantastic, what a marvellous achievement.

3:34 AM  
Blogger May Britt said...

Very well done. 4 UFO's gone in a weekend. WOW. I am sure you feel very satisfyed.

5:18 AM  
Blogger Gail said...

Boy, you have some good ones there-and four quilts quilted in such a short time! Audrey's is a blast, I bet we hear more from her in the future.

7:33 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

With all that eye candy you've taken in since Friday you must be well over your caloric intake! They all turned out wonderful, each so very different from the other. Good luck with the website shift...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

I love all these quilts. You are an inspiration. I'm saving up strips to do a scrappy bargello, too, but I'm going to make them 3.5" and hopefully it'll be a somewhat large quilt.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Tazzie said...

Just wonderful quilts, and how neat that Audrey's quilting too! I love her colour choice, so very vibrant!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

2:08 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Do you guys sell the polka-dot material (from Audrey's quilt) in your store? If so, can you email your store's phone number so I can call and order some? Thanks!!


Sarah

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

Your scrappy bargello turned out so nice !!

2:37 AM  
Blogger Wasie said...

I am sooo impressed that you get sooo much done! And Audrey's quilt is great!! I will have to show it to my daughters. Each are working on a quilt and have stopped. Maybe this will give them a boost to get going again.
Make sure you send Bonnie at Quiltville your photo of the scrappy bargello--she will love it! I would love to do one of those myself. Take care!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Great quilts. Did Audrey have fun making hers? Will she be a quilter?

How's the move to Quiltropolis going?

Judy L.

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I was as productive. I'm feel thrilled when I get a single block finished.
Thanks for sharing all the quilts! They are all great!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

Audrey's quilt is WONDERFUL!!! You did a great job, girl!! :) The other quilts are quite wonderful too. :)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Wow four quilts at a time. All of them are beautiful. I especially like the bargello.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home