Friday, October 27, 2006

We Made It!

I've tried since last night to upload a picture of Merle sitting on the dash of my car - I left the hatch up while loading the car yesterday morning and came back out and had a big orange dash ornament! I laughed pretty hard at that one!

It's been raining here a lot in Houston and I had to drive through more high water than I wanted to - apparently the flooding of surface streets is quite common here.

There have been a couple comments with questions regarding Quilt Market. It is held in the same convention space as the International Quilt Festival. The Festival quilts are hung, but they've not been judged yet (or if they have, the ribbons have not been attached). If there's time, we have the opportunity to look at the quilts. I will not be returning next weekend for Festival - primarily because I have so many employees going to Festival that someone has to stay and work! But also because I have a 6th grader and Dad has been good enough to take vacation this week so that I can come to Market. I just can't logistically manage it.

Someday I would like to return for Festival - if only to look at the booths and see what is selling.

We went to 3 quilt shops yesterday and I was very good. I bought a handful of fat quarters (at $1.50 each - and they have a purpose) and a pattern. After going crazy in Minneapolis in May and not even finding a home for all the crap I bought then, I am being more careful!

Gotta go - it's my turn for the shower!

Susan

3 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like you ave a great chance t see what quilts you like without worrying about being influenced by others opinions...

7:14 PM  
Blogger just jenn said...

Thanks for answering my question. I cant wait to go down next week.

4:33 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

On my list of things to do before I die is to go to Houston for the festival...
Sio

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home