Sunday, October 15, 2006

A Week's Worth of Work


I have not even opened the door on my sewing room this week. I've been working with Quiltropolis to move my web site and begin setting up my web mall. That led me to realize that I also should get a better photo editor than Microsoft Picture Organizer. So, I went out and bought Photoshop Elements. MANY hours were spent making this little montage button. It doesn't look like much, but I'm pretty proud of it. You see, I have taught myself "creativity" in quilting, but I'm still so left-brained that it is ridiculous. Being creative is still hard work for me.

The mall thing is coming along, but it's going to take some time because the rest of my life and job won't wait on the back burner. I have a strip club sample to make and maybe I'll get started on that today.

It's supposed to rain all day which is fine with me. It's a great excuse to just hang out at the house!

6 Comments:

Blogger Paula, the quilter said...

I'm impressed! You did well. Add a drop shadow for a more 3-D effect.

11:35 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

your montage button looks great!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Looks good. My husband is always using Photoshop, it is amazingwhat can be accomplished.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Rainy days are the best for getting something or nothing done!

11:27 AM  
Blogger bingo~bonnie said...

ooough, this strip club sample sounds interesting. I hope you share a photo of your progress. I will be back to take a look. :c) ~Bonnie

7:51 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Congrats for taking on the new software - the montage looks great! Photoshop quilting is still faster than the real thing!
Siobhan

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home