Thursday, November 16, 2006

Well, tomorrow is D-Day regarding the Quilt Market party - I've sewn all that I can and tonight I'm going to sit in my recliner, watch Grey's Anatomy and ER and hand applique.

The mad-scientist workspace clean-up will just have to wait for another day.

Could it be that I'm no longer motivated to sew simply because the mess is just too overwhelming? Interestingly enough, my office at work looks worse. I think I know what's on my agenda for next week....

Now for random thoughts -

One morning this week as I was driving past my side-yard, I noticed this iris blooming. It's mid-November. What's up with that? This particular iris has never bloomed before. Do you think it's schizophrenic?
As I was perusing the photos I downloaded from my camera, I ran across this photo. It's a partial quilt being designed/made by Jo Morton for her new book due out in early '07. Don't you just love the pink?
I also attended a schoolhouse session with Kaffe Fassett. Here he is explaining his design wall philosophy: use a neutral (taupe or khaki) flannel sheet as your design wall. White is too stark and reflects too much light. He designs ALL of his quilts this way - every single piece is placed on the design wall before a stitch is sewn. I'm not sure I'm that patient, but it's an interesting theory.

Okay. Cristina just got busted for covering for Burke by Dr. Bailey. I should pay attention now.

I'll do my best to post pictures of all the new samples this weekend.

3 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

hope the hand sewing went well....

8:01 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Wow a workshop with Kaffe Fasset - how cool is that! Love the pink and brown quilt.

Thanks for sharing the photos. I know what you mean about needing to clear a space to work...sometimes (though not as often as DH would like) that happens with me!
Siobhan

3:58 AM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

That must have been so interesting to have a workshop w/Kaffe Fassett; love the upcoming Jo Morton quilt photo...how did you come across it?

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home