Thursday, September 27, 2007

Scattered....

Where did September go? Oh yeah, I remember now. It started with Shop Hop and toe surgery. I feel like there's been a million things going on all at once.

Let's start with the remodel of Audrey's bedroom.

Merle supervising.....

We have moved all of her stuff out of the room except for the bed and began cutting in paint...you gotta love those 12 foot ceilings.


The "theme" is Old-Style Hollywood. Audrey's favorite movie star is Audrey Hepburn. Colors will be black, white, gray and red. Audrey picked the paint color (much to my disagreement), and now that the walls are all painted - she doesn't like the color (and I agree). Back to square one. We're also dealing with bad windows and the town's Historic Preservation officer that won't let us replace them with more energy-efficient ones. Now we have to get creative with a solution while Audrey is basically living in the living room with all her stuff. Did I mention that chaos makes me crazy?

I did finish this quilt earlier in the month. It's a pre-cut kit from Benartex and it sewed together like a dream.

I also made this little cell phone purse for Audrey's orchestra director's birthday. Isn't it cute?


As far as sewing goes this month, I feel like I have quilter's ADD. I started this project as a sample for a BOM I hope to begin soon. The blocks are all made, they just need to be put together along with a pieced border.
But wait, what about that BOM that's been running since January - I was keeping up with the sample, but heck-fire! It's September all ready! Shouldn't I be done by now? This is the last applique block and there's a few more pieced blocks to go. I hope to be finished before my customers!

It's the end of September, right? That means October starts in 2 days. The next Strip Club meeting is in early November. Quilt Market is in late October. In order to avoid the very familiar "oh crap" moment, I selected a pattern and will be using a Decadent Victorian jelly roll by April Cornell for Moda. The pattern is a two block (alternating) pattern and here's the first blocks.

Between school actvities, church (and its various meetings), private music lessons, the ongoing paint saga, as well as a minor medical procedure this afternoon, I'm trying to squeeze in as much sewing as possible. Some days I feel like George Jetson on that treadmill thingy yelling "Jane! Stop this crazy thing!"....


I know this is my life right now. And don't get me wrong - I am supremely grateful for the fullness and the blessings that I have. I just would like the world to stop spinning for just a minute or two so that I can catch my breath.

Oh yeah. Remember the morning glory plants that are threatening to eat my house? Here they are in all their glory (ha ha ha....). I wish the contrast was better so that you could see the vibrancy of the blooms. My flowerbeds may look like crap this year, but these sure are pretty.






9 Comments:

Blogger Quiltgranny said...

Can you tell me what the BOM pattern is for the picture you show that has the lightest of lights in it? It's right above the lovely swirly applique block.

5:50 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Love your quilts and projects! Hang in there -- that swirling mess eventually should slow down.

Have you thought about/looked into getting more energy efficient glass and keeping the current window frames? It may not be as good as doing a total replacement, but could save some heat and money.

2:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not sure the cat actually approves of everything you're doing by the hilarious look on her face :o)

1:01 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

Wow, if you can get this much done by being scattered, I think you should continue. You have such beautiful things to show us on this post, all beautiful.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Texan said...

Solar Screens are wonderful, if they won't let you have those on the outside of your house, you can order interior custom made solar screen roller shades from JcPenny very reasonable when they run them on sale which is often...

The applique block is great!!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Hi! Trust me, the swirling does not stop! I have been retired for some years and quit of my family responsibilities ditto, but making quilts for a living doesn't leave much time for keeping an elegant home and cooking delectable and healthy gourmet meals. The artistic passion remains though,and while quilting you can design so many great new quilts too. Your work is lovely, your cat very self-contained. You go girl!!!
Sorry about your toe - let me tell you about the 5 pound tin of coffee I dropped on mine once.....

12:17 PM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

Sometime it feels like the craziness all hits at once! Isn't it amazing the paint colors kids can pick out! My stepson wanted to paint his room black - it was the worst. Two weeks later we painted three of the walls a blue grey and left one as a reminder!!!

4:19 AM  
Blogger CONNIE W said...

I love the morning glories and the way they are so full. The cell phone case is a great gift. Love the fabric you used.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Wow, you've got a lot going on. Love the Storm at Sea quilt.

The photoshop book is:

The photoshop Elements 5 book for digital photographers by Scott Kelby.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home