Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Easy Breezy Backsack

Due to work, Christmas parties, and some (unfun) family obligations, there hasn't been a whole lot of sewing going on at Chez Allen. This is the sum total of my efforts last week - an Eazy Breezy Backsack for Miss Thing. And yes - it does match her clothes. Not really on purpose, but her wardrobe does mainly consist of black, white, red and a dash of yellow. She picked out the fabrics, and anyone who knows her can tell! She has an obsession with polka dots. The backpack was fairly easy to make - but I sure am rusty at machine quilting on my Pfaff! Someday, maybe I'll have the time to practice so that my machine quilting doesn't look like I have epilepsy. If it wasn't for the icky task of loading it on the Gammill, I'd have quilted it on that instead! Oh well, she's happy - and I guess that's all that matters.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Calico Cat said...

She should move to Maryland - or at least attend UofMd - those are our colors!

7:26 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

It looks great! It goes well with her hair too.

11:11 AM  
Blogger atet said...

Love that backsack! Is there a pattern for that one?

12:37 PM  
Blogger sewprimitive karen said...

LOVE the fabrics she picked, and it's all so perfect with her coloring.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Nines said...

Great backpack!! Merry Christmas!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home