Friday, January 25, 2008

I Couldn't Resist

Have I mentioned that I have the attention span of a gnat?

I've been slogging through the scrap pile....diligently cutting pieces for a couple of patterns at the same time. As the piles were growing, I couldn't resist "testing" a few blocks. This is also known as "Gee, I'd rather sew than continue cutting".

Here's a couple of "Crayon Box" blocks from Quiltville.com.

Then there's the "Boxy Stars" block - also from Quiltville.com.
Do you remember the customer quilt I showed at the beginning of January? You can take a second look here. Anyway, I just had to try to replicate it. Do we like?

Time for bed. But I'd still rather be sewing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

My Nana used to always say... "moderation in everything" - so a bit of cutting, a bit of sewing... sounds good to me - and look at the pretty results!

Cheers!

Evelyn

3:56 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I feel like the need to be tidier myself - maybe in the winter when we are all cooped up, we just need our surroundings to be more in order. All of these pieces look wonderful. I often alternate cutting and sewing, so neither gets tedious. I think that is smart.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Those blocks are great aren't they? I am almost finished a Crayon Box quilt, and am getting ready to start the next one of Bonnie's designs that catches my eye! Enjoy using up your scraps Susan!

3:46 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Love your scrappy blocks! Bonnie's website is addicting, don't you think?

3:42 AM  
Blogger atet said...

Love those blocks -- especially the star. Hmmm...no, I don't need another project, no, no, no!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Malagueta said...

I have the Quiltville Crayon Box pattern all printed out and waiting with a stack of strips. Maybe I'll actually start it now :)

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home