Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Chasing My Tail


Have you ever had one of those days where you felt like you were chasing your tail all day? Well, today was one of those days. Don't get me wrong - it was a great day - but by mid-afternoon, I had to completely surrender to the fact that I was no longer in control of my time or my schedule. I don't know if there's a full moon on the horizon, but the crazies were coming out of the woodwork today. Retail is a funny thing - there are days when you just have to shake your head and roll with it. So, when I got home, I treated myself with a margarita. What a nice reward after a hard day's work.

After chilling for about a half an hour, I got busy on Audrey's tote bag for all her orchestra gear.

I let her pick the fabrics at Wal-Mart last Sunday. Yeah, yeah, I know. I own a fabric store with over 3000 bolts of fabric. But, knowing the use and abuse this bag is going to get, I chose not to use $8.50/yd cloth. Plus, she found something she really liked....


Yep. It's sparkly green fabric. With Elvis. And polka dots. And six pockets. What more could a 10 year old girl ask for?

I was rewarded with a squeal of delight over the finished product and a great big hug. What more could a mom ask for?

It was a good day......

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home