Sunday, January 01, 2006

Done for Now

I'm pooped. I think I've done pretty well in the past day. I've cleaned in corners that haven't seen the light of day in a long while. Everything is put away except for a few items left on the Gammill table - I have a plan for it all that I can't execute right now. See, I received my Container Store catalog advertising their annual 30% sale. I would look at the catalog and think about how I could re-arrange to be more effective at fighting the clutter. I have measured. I have plotted. I now have a plan. I can put (2) 7-runner units under my cutting table to hold files, patterns and notions. I went so far as to get in the car to go to Plano and buy it all. As I was turning on to the freeway, I glanced at the catalog....CLOSED on Sunday, January 1. (insert your own expletive here...) Turned back around and came home. Maybe I can get down there one day this week.


Ooh, aah.....non-cluttered work surfaces!

Look - a clean corner! With clean floors!

I went to Wally World and bought tubs to put all my fabric dyeing supplies in and tucked the tubs under the longarm. I threw out a lot of batting scraps, but kept the bigger chunks wedged against the wall.

The sewing area is clean and the tub on the table holds all the scraps I gathered off the table and the floor that need to be cut down into standard sizes a la Bonnie. My legs may be too tired to attack that tonight.



See the wire file cart under the table? It will be replaced by Elfa wire baskets. I haven't sorted through it yet - I'll do that when I transfer everything over to the new stuff. I didn't attempt to clean out any drawers, cabinets or the bookcase. That would have provided too many distractions and I was trying to stay on task. This chore will be saved for Phase 2. I haven't counted UFOs yet, either, because that would have required digging through drawers, also.

I did excavate a few archeological items, though. I found a Toy Story 2 paint set (circa 1999), our vacation pictures from last summer, a mostly finished applique project that I had COMPLETELY forgotten about from about 2000, a quilt that only needs binding to be finished, a pair of ceramic handled Gingher embroidery scissors, and Audrey's glasses! When I begin opening drawers, there's no telling what I'll find.

It's been a very good start to the new year. I think I'll take a load off. Getting this room cleaned up has sure taken a load off of me.

Susan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan

I have done the exact thing you have done with organizing my sewing room! Guess what!!! It doesn't stay that way!!!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home