Wednesday, November 22, 2006

What's Wrong With This Picture?



This is what you get when you sew when you're tired.....the worst part is, I completely screwed up the star points on the bottom and didn't even notice when I sewed the right side on backwards!

The Market Review party went very well, and I all but collapsed on Sunday.

I have spent this week CLEANING my office. Man-o-man, was it ever bad. Unfortunately, the majority of the clutter was stuff that I needed to take home - sample quilts, bolt-ends of fabrics, stuff and more stuff. This now means that I must sort through it and put it AWAY in my sewing room. But wouldn't it be more fun to start something new???? We'll see where my discipline takes me.....

I hope all of my US friends have a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving day tomorrow. We will spend the day at Russ' sister's house. I cooked a turkey last night and tonight I will make brownies and then tomorrow morning will be the corn casserole. Pacing it all out makes it seem like I'm not cooking all that much - just how I like it!

Gobble, gobble -
Susan

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL LOL - that's the funniest block I've ever seen - I'm still giggling :-)

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say go with it.... might be interesting to see a quilt with all the blocks sewn wrong.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, sewing while tired can do that to you. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel safely...Happy Thanksgiving.

7:06 AM  
Blogger YankeeQuilter said...

I'm glad to see other people do that to their blocks too! Brownies and corn casserole - sounds yummmm.
Siobhan

8:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh, I can SO relate to the sewing while you are tired problem. Been there, done that myself! In fact, almost had a similar thing happen to me today, only it was x8 and paper piecing. I am doing 8 blocks at once and had them all ready to sew piece # 7, before I sewed #'s 3, 4, 5 and 6! We are all human!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

What a great laugh I got when I saw this block! Been there, done that! And you're right, it's usually from being over tired.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Shelina said...

I think it would be interesting to make a bunch of blocks the same way, or in similarily different ways, and to see what kind of secondary designs they form. You just might be on to something.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

Susan

You must be my sister. I have done exactly the same thing!!

Cheers
Helen in NZ

3:03 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Oh, I don't know. It could make interesting secondary patterns. I'm thinking there's a basket in that block somewhere!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

I often make such mistakes and never rip them out - I figure once they are sewn - it was meant to be. It is what it is - and I send them out to be quilted and get them back full of substance and think they are all beautiful (and done... not in the back of the closet waiting for seam ripper treatment!).

Cheers!

Evelyn

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home