Thursday, November 29, 2007

Change

How do you handle change? With grace? Kicking and screaming? I am currently neck-deep in a whole lotta change. Changes personally - changes at home - changes professionally......I don't even know where to begin. The good news is that I can see that in the long run all of these changes are going to be good for me, but darn if it's not a little bit hard while in the midst of it. There is so much change goin' on that I'm at the point of just shrugging my shoulders and asking what's next. Don't worry - everybody's fine, but if I start listing everything out, I'm afraid it's going to come off as whining. Whining is not acceptable. Venting = good; whining = not so much - and it's a fine line between venting and whining so I'm not even going to go there. But it does boil down to me not having enough hours in the day to get all the things done that need doing. That might account for me not blogging in FOREVER.

I feel like I've been off the reservation for so long here in blog-land that it's hard to jump back in. I write a blog post in my head daily, but before I know it, it's 11:00pm and I'm falling face down into bed. I was originally going to talk about intention in this post (at least that's how I've written it in my head for the last couple of weeks). When I started this blog, my intention was to post if not daily, at least a couple of times per week. I did really good for a while. And then I was going to talk about the actual intent regarding the content of my blog. Personal journal? Project recording? Quilt shop marketing? Right now I just don't know. I guess I'll just have to settle in again and see where it goes. Why do I feel guilty for not blogging in 2 months? Why do I feel like I've been letting people down by not posting? Perhaps the fact that people in my everyday life comment about my current lack of posting. Do I really want to put that much pressure on myself in the midst of everything else right now? I guess I AM a glutton of punishment, if nothing else! Perhaps my goal for right now is to just attempt to stay current.

I had a couple of pictures to post, but apparently you can't add photos to blogger after you've begun writing text. Or perhaps the photo button just doesn't want to work for me right now. I'll try again in the next post.

I just want to say "Thank You" for even coming back to my blog after such a long time. I promise to try to post more often.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Well if you have been writing posts in your head everyday, I have been writing you emails everyday, checking to see if you are ok! glad to see you are still alive. Hope things settle down for you soon! We have missed you!

8:23 AM  
Blogger antique quilter said...

happy to see you back blogging...always enjoyed seeing your projects and hearing about whats going on in your life..never knew how you did it all.
Hope it is all ok
kathie

9:39 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

It's good to see you back, but don't feel guilty about not posting! I missed reading your blog, but sometimes life hands us things that interrupt what we want to do and we must focus on what we need to do. I read this awhile ago and don't feel guilty if I don't blog regularly...take a look if you have time!

http://www.tartx.com/blog/?page_id=233

Sorry, I don't know how to make it linky in a comment!

Hugs,
Carolyn

12:21 PM  
Blogger Chookyblue...... said...

hey do what you want when you want don't worry about what others expect of you.......having said that I am pleased you are back.......and the photo thingy was just playing up as you can upload photos whenever you want during the post.......

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home