Friday, November 30, 2007

Photos, Finally!


When last we met (a long, long time ago....) we were in the midst of renovating 2 rooms of the house. It's been a slow-go, but I am proud to report that all the sheetrock repair, painting and carpeting is complete. This is girl-child's room. Yes - we stayed with the medium gray on the walls. More coats of paint helped it. The carpet is a charcoal gray, and the trim is true white. And check out the chandelier! Okay. When a 12yo girl tells you that her heart is set on having a black chandelier in her bedroom, you just have to take a deep breath and try to figure out how to do that. Have you priced chandeliers lately? OMG! Anyway, fate smiled on me. I was telling a couple of really good customers about Audrey's grand decorating scheme and bemoaning the cost of chandeliers when Sue says, "I've got one in the back of my truck. Do you want it?". Well, um, heck yeah! Long story short - it was in several pieces when I got it. I completely re-wired it, painted it, re-wired all the crystals, figured out how to put it back together and it's now hanging in the room! (It's still missing 15 crystals, but they've been ordered.). After the daddy-man finished hanging it, we just stared at the miracle. Thanks, Sue! The windows are another story for another day.

We're still trying to decide what kind of furniture makes the most sense (from an organization + style point of view) before we can put both rooms completely back together. I did decide to replace the full sized bed in the guest/music room with a daybed. It's here, but it needs a custom-made quilt because of the funky sizing (twin sized, but not quite). Know where I can get a custom-sized quilt? har, har......... Perhaps I need to make an appointment with myself.....for Spring, maybe?

I have been sewing quite a bit lately in preparation for our Market Review Party this Sunday. I will confess, the past few weeks I have been torn..."Paint or sew? Sew or paint?". It's been a juggling act. Anyway, this top was made using Kaffe Fassett strips and the pattern is in the new "More Strip Clubbing" book. It may be hard to tell, but it's draped over a mattress stuffed behind my longarm. Actually, 2 full sized beds have been stuffed behind the longarm for almost a month. They were both moved out last week, so I quilted this quilt yesterday. Photo forthcoming.

I also complted this yesterday. It's block #1 of a new BOM called "Piece, Love and Applique" we're going to begin in January. You can see a photo of the whole quilt here. Isn't it adorable? And yes, glutton for punishment that I am, I hand-appliqued the block......

Time for the shower and off to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

The Kaffe Fasset quilt is fabulous. I love the border fabric.

4:35 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Lovely work!! You are so busy...I have been kind of worried about you!! and I am glad you are posting again. Change is so tough for me, I can't imagine what all you are going through. Hope all goes as smoothly as possible!!

I like your gray paint!! and that beaautiful Kaffe quilt.

julieQ

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home