Sunday, December 02, 2007

Danger! Danger, Will Robinson! *

This was supposed to be a simple split 9-patch, but it's what you get when you sew when you're extremely tired.

The sad part? I looked at it and immediately knew it was wrong......but I had to stare at it for over 30 seconds to figure out how to fix it!

Our market review party at the shop was this afternoon. It went extremely well, but I wish I could now sleep for a week....... Perhaps I'll go to bed early tonight to get that head start!


* Okay, 'fess up. How many of you are too young to get the reference?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mistake, or happy accident? This block could be the foundation of The. Greatest. Quilt. Ever. Got Crazy Aunt Purl's book, will share.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

I've done that. Will most likely do that again. That's why my seam ripper is near at hand whilst I'm stitching. Then again, like pam said maybe it will be the greatest quilt ever.

Happy Quilting!
Teri

5:56 AM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Please tell me that there are at least 2 fixes on that block?

5:51 AM  
Blogger Shelina said...

It took me a minute to figure out the fix as well. Your quilt in the last post is gorgeous. I just love how the white plays off against the purple ando ther colors.

10:26 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

You are too busy girl!! Yet you accomplish so much, and so many beautiful quilts. I so enjoy looking at them..

JulieQ

6:06 PM  
Blogger atet said...

Nope, not too young to get the reference thanks to reruns when I was little :0).

1:26 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

For some reason Lost in Space made a big impression on me, I remember a lot of those episodes vividly.

That's not so bad (the block mistake), what I hate is when I sew a piece in the block upside down and don't notice for a long time. Arghhhhhh!!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home